Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kai-Lan Cake

Two tiered blue Nickelodeon Kai-Lan Fondant Cake.

I baked this cake for my daughter’s 4th birthday party. She wanted a Ni Hao, Kai-Lan themed party (it’s an educational cartoon on Nick Jr.) I made a two tiered vanilla cake…each tier has two layers with cream cheese frosting and fresh sliced strawberries.

I did a crumb coat of buttercream frosting and covered it in marshmallow fondant that I tinted light blue and rolled out with a Wilton fondant roller. I used a small pizza cutter to freehand cut out the cloud shapes. I used a paint brush dipped in water and brushed a bit on the back of the cloud sections and stuff that to
the blue fondant. I used Wilton cookie/fondant cutters in several different flower shapes to cut flowers out of fondant that I tinted with Wilton gel colors.

Before attaching them to the cake, I laid them gently in an egg crate to encourage them to bend a little bit as they dried (and hardened). Again, I brushed the backs of the flowers with water and gentle attached
them. The same goes for Mr. Sun. The characters on top of the cake are store bought toys.

To stack the cake, I carefully inserted dowels cut to the proper height into the bottom cake and gently stacked the top cake (which was on a cake board) on those for extra support.

First Name: Lacy
City-State: Dayton, Oregon

How Would You Rate This?: Loading ... Loading ...View All Contest Entries


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.