Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cowgirl Boot Cake














My friend and I made this cake for her daughter’s best friend’s 22nd birthday. We started with two 9 x 13 – 2inch white cakes that’s been leveled and stacked. I used the cowgirl boot template I had made out of cardboard. I moved it very gently to my cardboard boot and put on a crumb coat of buttercream icing and put in the freezer for about 45 min.
I got my marshmallow fondant out that I had already prepared earlier and rolled ready to cover the boot. I removed the boot cake from the freezer and put my final coating of buttercream icing on the cake. I then covered it with the white fondant and mixed teal food coloring and alcohol to paint my boot. All of the tools I used were the Wilton Fondant Tools.
As the designs came to my mind, I incorporated them on the boot cake which I designed using fondant and buttercream icing. The black heel on the boot was also done with the fondant tools. The “C” on the buckle of the boot is the birthday girl’s initial. My friend made a horseshoe to go with it as well. We put the cake on a silver board and wrapped one end with a fuchsia pink bandana and laid the cowgirl boot cake on it with the horse shoe on the other end. We had fun doing this one, as well as all the other cakes we make for our friends.

First Name: Mandie
City-State: Powell, Tennessee
How Would You Rate This?: Loading ... Loading ...View All Contest Entries

View the original article here

This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.