Monday, November 22, 2010

Fresh fish cake













This cake was created as a surprise for my cousin's birthday. He loves fishing, so I thought about a fish cake as would go smoothly!
This is added a little banana extract for extra taste a yellow cake where I.I started with two rectangular layers of cake and I was carved the fish minus the fins with a jagged Messer.Einmal
satisfied with the shape iced I use a dark chocolate frosting cakes. Then began the decoration really!
First, I rolled out plain white fondant (I use Satin Ice) over a 1/8 inch thick, to prevent the fondant from bonding with a small amount of icing sugar.To transfer the fondant on the cake, I rolled the fondant on my rolling pin it on the Kuchen.Ich immediately smoothes unfurled and trimmed the fudge before it has harden a chance at all.
As for the fins I used the same technique that is used to drape fondant. I rolled fondant know very
thin and placed it on thin Spears went the fondant ensure in between and across each Spieß.Dann I removed the skewers and the fins placed where needed to go.Note: for the end of the top fin I indented simply because the fondant with a spit you too close together, for the smooth effect were to be working well.Each fin was water angefügt.Diese same skewers were used, to the fish, make the body wells see.Once the anatomy is set, I was ready for the best Part…the colouring!
To start colouring fish, airbrush I whole fish with metallic silver.I moved the airbrush in a rapid, horizontal Bewegung.Ich shaded silver, so that the top of the fish was dark and was the belly of the fish
leave almost Weiß.sobald dried, I have a variety of different petal Codefarben.Ich dust explosion endangered began with basic colors (the Blues and Greens) and continued with the same shading technique, the formerly used. for detail I placed a small amount of light pink Staub in the mouth lip area and black dust to shade the fins and other wells fish (as well as the vertical lines on the body make) used. Finally installed I the fondant made fish eye with water.
Once I was able to step back and see the cake, it looked as if I it straight out of the ocean caught hatte.Nach all finished work, I got my cousin with his birthday cake to präsentieren.Sehen's was his reaction and everyone else without a doubt my favorite part.

First name: Erin
City State: Annandale, NJ
How would you rate this?: Loading ... load...

View the original article here

This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.